One way to get value from my new private proximity alert app called ‘In Range Contacts’ (IRC) for the iPhone/iPad. Android version coming July 2017.
IRC imports limited contact info from your phone when it opens.
SCROLL THRU YOUR CONTACTS IN THE APP, tap the circle for a contact you wish to be alerted about when/if they might ever be within your range.
TAP ‘INVITE’. If they are already using IRC, you will be notified of this & continue. If they are not already using IRC, a pre-scripted text msg will appear to send (or customize).
1 invite can be sent at a time. We will enhance for multiple invites in a future update.
REPEAT these steps as you scroll thru your contact list.
As you receive notices INVITEES HAVE ACCEPTED:
- Go to your INVITED/ACCEPTED CONTACTS screen (or tap “See Connections” from ‘Invite Contacts’ screen).
- TAP ON THE NAME of a connected contact in the list.
- CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS for that person:
- If you want to change statuses of “Send Location Alerts” & “Receive Location Alerts”.
- By MOVING DISTANCE SLIDE BAR ENDPOINTS to a desired range within which you’d like to receive notifications.
- Tap “Save” and go to next contact.
Your settings for each person are only known to you. Your contacts save their own setting preferences about you.