How many times have you traveled somewhere only to learn later that a friend or colleague was not far away? And those are just the situations you happen to find out about, but it has probably happened much more often than you ever knew.
Stand for Your Location Privacy!
In Range Contacts is designed to help let you know when these situations do exist. BETTER YET, you don’t have to give away your exact whereabouts to find out when a friend is nearby. Furthermore, we DO NOT SELL LOCATION DATA about your personal movements unlike what many location apps and wireless services do! We only store one location data point at any point in time in order to run our app. We do not track or store any movement data and history. We are 100% about everyone’s location privacy!!
A Revolutionary Location App Created by a Non-Techie
After spending many years as a “road warrior” – sitting in airports, attending conferences and going to trade shows, watching sporting events, and visiting cities all over the place, I decided to create In Range Contacts.
Download the Apple or Android version for FREE today!!
A real life example of In Range Contacts connecting friends simply and privately.
Bob: “Joe, you popped up on my phone as being in range. You here in Fenway?”
Joe: “Waiting outside for my brother, send me your seat info, I’ll swing by.”
Download for free and it’s easy to use!! Join your contacts, set the range, and opt-in to receive a simple push notifications as you travel and you are near each other.
See our press release for In Range Contacts – free to download, quick & simple to use, just INVITE & CONNECT -> SET (& FORGET)
A New Era of Secure Social Connection – In Range Contacts Launches for iOS and Android
The Android version of In Range Contacts is now free for download on Google Play!
Enhancements with this release and for the iPhone include:
- Streamlined steps to Invite your Contacts to connect.
- Enabled texting with your connected contacts straight from the app.
- Updated pre-scripted invite with easier linkages for those not already using the app.
- Added User Feature screenshots with more user-friendly icons and screen references.
For those who have downloaded the iPhone app, “In Range Contacts”, thank you!
Please follow the simple steps in the graphic below to max use.
Great for professionals on the move – In Range Contacts, a PRIVATE PROXIMITY ALERT app for iPhones. http://www.InRangeContacts.com Android coming July 2017.
One way to get value from my new private proximity alert app called ‘In Range Contacts’ (IRC) for the iPhone/iPad. Android version coming July 2017.
IRC imports limited contact info from your phone when it opens.
SCROLL THRU YOUR CONTACTS IN THE APP, tap the circle for a contact you wish to be alerted about when/if they might ever be within your range.
TAP ‘INVITE’. If they are already using IRC, you will be notified of this & continue. If they are not already using IRC, a pre-scripted text msg will appear to send (or customize).
1 invite can be sent at a time. We will enhance for multiple invites in a future update.
REPEAT these steps as you scroll thru your contact list.
As you receive notices INVITEES HAVE ACCEPTED:
- Go to your INVITED/ACCEPTED CONTACTS screen (or tap “See Connections” from ‘Invite Contacts’ screen).
- TAP ON THE NAME of a connected contact in the list.
- CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS for that person:
- If you want to change statuses of “Send Location Alerts” & “Receive Location Alerts”.
- By MOVING DISTANCE SLIDE BAR ENDPOINTS to a desired range within which you’d like to receive notifications.
- Tap “Save” and go to next contact.
Your settings for each person are only known to you. Your contacts save their own setting preferences about you.
“IN RANGE CONTACTS” is FREE to download on the Apple App Store (www inrangecontacts.com). Android version will be released in July 2017.
Ever attended a trade show or conference, been in an airport, at a stadium or major sporting event, or visiting a city and wondered if someone you know (and might like to see) is nearby?
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT from other apps like FB’s Nearby Friends, Find Friends, etc.? In Range Contacts (IRC) keeps your location PRIVATE! NO sharing of precise locations of either person… NO MAPS w/ pins…NO real-time location tracking. Seriously, who wants their movements tracked??
EASY TO USE tool for people ON THE MOVE who want DISCRETION and PRIVACY while seizing opportunities to strengthen their personal network relationships. You receive private proximity alerts when your contacts are within the range(s) you specify, and they allow you to be notified. Any action from there is your decision.
OTHER ADVANTAGES of IRC: 1) uniquely designed and WON’T DRAIN YOUR BATTERY, 2) lets you customize distance settings for alerts, 3) you can turn the “send” & the “receive” notifications on or off either globally or with a specific contact, and 4) one tap LOCATION ON/OFF switch.
3 Easy Steps: DOWNLOAD & REGISTER – INVITE – CUSTOMIZE CONTACT RANGES
Additional Info about In Range Contacts (IRC):
- In order to function the app imports limited contact info from your phone when it opens.
- Check a circle & tap “Invite” for a contact you want to connect with. A pre-scripted text message (also customizable) will open to send. Once your invite is accepted, use the distance slide bars & directional permissions to customize notification rules with that contact.
- The app default distance w/ contacts is 30-45 miles for receiving alerts. You can customize ranges btwn 0 and 100 miles (160 kms). You can use a global setting or customize for each person.
- There is a $2.99 per year in-app purchase to enable the functionality of setting distances below 30 miles (50 kms).
Set lower & tighter distances for alerts, espec when you’re in places like stadiums, airports, trade shows or conferences, or in a different city.
PLEASE return to the App Store, locate the app, and tap on “Review” to rate it.
In Range Contacts private proximity alerts help people on the move seize opportunities when contacts are nearby.
Especially useful when you’re in an airport at a tradeshow or sporting event or visiting a city and someone you might know could be near.
Your precise location is never seen at any time and you are not tracked in real time.
No maps with pins or ways for people to track your whereabouts.
The app lists your phone contacts so you can INVITE who you wish to connect with and receive notifications about.